The following terms and conditions (“Agreement”) govern your participation in the indyViews panel (the “Panel”) for Internet-based surveys set up by Independent Print Limited, registered in England and Wales under company number 6770098 and having its registered offices at 2 Derry Street, London W8 5HF (“we”, “us”, “our”).
By registering as a member of the Panel and participating in our surveys, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
2. PERSONAL DATA
2.1 When you register as a member of the Panel, we will ask you for some basic personal information about you (such as your email address, postcode, year of birth and gender). You may also be asked to provide other personal details from time to time such as your income, occupation, education, and areas of interest (collectively “personal data”). By participating in the Panel, you consent to us using your personal data in accordance with this Agreement.
2.2 You accept that we may choose to store your personal data in a database that is treated confidentially and in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
2.3 We may disclose your personal data to third party service providers who provide a service to us and who use the personal data on behalf of and only in accordance with our instructions.
2.4 The personal data will be stored and used:
2.4.1 for undertaking research, surveys and analysis of topics of interest;
2.4.2 to contact Panel members and keep them informed about their participation in the Panel;
2.4.3 to evaluate which individuals should be approached to take part in surveys and sending out invitations to participate in surveys;
2.4.4 to make payments for taking part in surveys;
2.4.5 to administer and improve the Panel website, surveys and participation in the Panel; and
2.4.6 to diagnose technical problems with the Panel website, surveys or participation in the Panel and/or maintaining security.
2.5 When you complete a survey, your answers will be anonymised and collected together with the answers given by other users. These results may then be published or disclosed to third parties. However, we will ensure that no data which could identify you will be released.
2.6 We will never sell your personal data.
2.7 You may, on written request to the postal address Brännkyrkagatan 14A, 4 tr, SE 118 20 Stockholm (marked for the attention of the Legal Department), receive information about what personal data we hold about you. A fee of £10 will be charged for this.
2.8 You must ensure that all your personal details (including your email address and payment details) are kept up to date. If you want to change any personal data that we hold, you may in the first place do so by changing the data yourself through the Panel website. Furthermore, you may request that inaccurate data about you is corrected, blocked or deleted by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.9 All surveys will be conducted in accordance with MRS guidelines (see http://www.mrs.org.uk/standards/guidelines).
- You must reside permanently in the UK, unless otherwise stated by us when joining the Panel.
- You will provide a personal email address and a confidential password when registering for the Panel. You must not disclose your password to anyone else and you must keep it safe. We will not be liable for any unauthorised use of your account.
- You may only have one membership of the Panel.
- If we identify a duplicate account for the same person, we may deregister the one of the accounts without notice.
- Other members of your family are entitled to participate in the Panel but a survey can only be answered by one Member on a particular computer. Other members will not be able to use the same computer unless special rules apply for the particular survey.
- We reserve the right to deregister your account without notice if: (i) you have not participated in any surveys for a period of 12 months or more; (ii) you do not meet our criteria for participation in the Panel; or (iii) you fail to comply with the terms of this Agreement or our rules and guidelines for participation in the Panel (as notified from time to time).
- You agree to respond truthfully and carefully to all questions in the surveys that you participate in, and to always provide accurate information about your sex, age and any other background information that is requested.
- If we determine that the answers you submit are inconsistent with the requirements of this Agreement, we may decide (in our discretion) not to pay you at all or to reduce the payment due for the relevant survey and for any other surveys. We may also decide to delete your account.
- Prior to starting each survey, you will be informed about the amount that will be paid for completing that survey and how much time is likely to be required to complete that survey.
- You will receive no more than £91.00 per year and no more than £9.00 in any month for completing our surveys.
- You are solely responsible for paying any taxes due on the payments received from us.
- You will only be paid for surveys which are fully completed.
- You are entitled to receive any money earned for completing surveys when the total money earned equals or exceeds the minimum threshold amount. This threshold amount will be set by us from time to time and will be shown within your account on the Panel website.
- Money earned for completing surveys will be paid to you in accordance with the payment methods listed on the Panel’s website. For some payment options, a transaction fee may be charged.
- We may at any time change: (i) the amount we pay for taking part in surveys; (ii) the minimum threshold amount that must be earned before a payment will be made; and (iii) the payment methods. Our right to make these changes will not reduce the value of any money that has already been earned by you before the changes are made.
4.1 Either you or we may at any time terminate this Agreement and your membership of the Panel. We will provide reasonable notice of our intention to end your membership and will pay any earned money to you.
4.2 If you breach the requirements of this Agreement then we may terminate this Agreement immediately without notice and you will not be entitled to receive any money earned for taking part in the Panel that has not already been paid out.
4.3 If you decide to end your membership, you will need to arrange for a transfer of the amount you have earned (as stated on your panel account which you can access via the Panel website), provided that the amount is equal to or greater than the minimum threshold amount that must be earned before a payment will be made.
5.1 Membership of the Panel does not entitle you to participate in a minimum number of surveys.
5.2 To the extent permitted by law, our liability under this Agreement or in relation to your participation in the Panel is limited to losses suffered by you and shall not exceed the total amount paid to you by us in the last year.
6.1 You grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, right to use all materials, including text and images, which you submit in surveys or through feedback or comments, including the right to copy, publish, modify and transfer such materials to others.
6.2 All pages, screens, information and other materials that we use for the Panel (the “Materials”) either belong to us or our licensors. Your right to use the Materials is personal to you and you are not allowed to give this right to another person or to sell, gift or transfer your membership to another person. You may temporarily copy, download, or store extracts of the Materials to allow you to take part in the Panel, but you must not alter any Materials. Your right to use the Materials does not prevent us from giving such Materials to any other person.
6.3 We have the right to transfer any and all rights under this Agreement to a third party.
6.4 If any part of this Agreement cannot be enforced then the remainder of the Agreement will still apply. If you do not comply with this Agreement and we do not take action immediately, this does not mean that we have given up any right to take action in the future.
6.5 We reserve the right to amend this Agreement upon prior reasonable notice to you. We shall notify you by email of any changes, and any such changes will also be posted on the Panel website. You should check this page for such changes frequently. Your continued use of the Panel website after such changes conclusively demonstrates your acceptance of those changes.
6.6 English law will apply to all disputes and the interpretation of this Agreement. The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising from or related to this Agreement.